Welcome to my new blog; where you'll be able to follow my journey being part of The Lightbox Gallery's, new children's book retrospective, Escape To Wonderland. 7 Aug-2 Jan '11. Please feel free to leave comments and ask questions. Prints of my work will be made available. And you can also book me for workshops and talks.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Radio Ga Ga

So, this morning was quite interesting. I got to do my first ever interview, on BBC Radio Surrey... wearing my PJ's! Because that's the beauty of radio!

It was brilliant to further promote the Lightbox show, and children's book illustration in general; since that was one of the topics of the show. I'm not even totally sure what they asked me, but I was talking about the exhibition and my favourite illustrator. Hugely exciting. And I didn't choke on my tea or anything! The 'listen again' link wasn't working this morning, but I'll post it as soon as it's up and running.

Anyway, it got me wondering what other topics of conversation had taken place whilst the interviewee was wearing their favourite jammies. Had major interrorgations or news bulletins been broadcast whilst the entire BBC studio sat about with hot waterbottles and fluffy, rabbit slippers?! But even further. I was in my living room, on the phone, wearing pink owls. However, Marilyn, from the Lightbox was also being interviewed. She could have been wearing HER PJ's too. AND the interviewer could have been wearing HIS PJ's! And yet, we all donned our best posh voice's, hoping all other parties did not know our guilty secret! Listening to The Archers will never be the same again!

Here are some more piccies from the launch. If anyone else has pictures from the show, please do give me a yell. I'd love to see them, and perhaps even pop them on the site. There may even be some sort of illustrationy goodies in it for you. Thanks very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment